You Are Here: Home ► Slots
Slots Tips and Strategy!
Slot machines provide the majority of a casino's actions and winnings. They are simple to use, inexpensive to maintain, and require little attention or player skill (although some people swear that luck is also a gambling "skill").
Jackpot size, combinations, symbols, size and number of coins allowed in each machine can vary. There are many different machine games, including the popular video poker games. Modern machines are completely electronic and are pre-programmed to return a certain percent to the players, while the combination of symbols comes up randomly. Depending on the game, location and usage, a slot machine returns between 85 percent and 98 percent, with 9% representing the average house advantage. Look for a 98% Payout Average when playing slots at a casino.
Make sure that you recognize the symbols that constitute a jackpot on your machine, as all machines are different. According to Las Vegas attendants, winners routinely walk away from winning machines, without waiting for the rest of the payout from attendants. The largest jackpots are all paid by attendants.
• Under no circumstances should you touch your machine or leave it even for a second if you are lucky enough to hit the $1200-plus attendant-paid jackpots. In order for the transaction to be completed, an attendant must come by. Until that time, do not insert more coins or allow anyone other than the attendant to touch the slot machine.
• Be sure to play with the maximum bet.
• Always play the maximum bet. In the long-term, this will provide you with the best odds for winning if you get a good hand. For example, on machines that accept a bet of up to five quarters, place the entire five-quarter bet.
• When it comes to slot-machine games, always look for a 98% or higher payout with a progressive jackpot.
Hot Tips That Slots Players Need To Know
Want to know what the fool-proof ways are to score on the slot machines? Keep reading:
• Use maximum coins when playing the progressives.
• Do not continue playing unless the machine is hitting at least one out of four spins.
• If you double your bank roll, stop playing and cash out. For example: If you allotted up to $200.00 to play slots and you accumulated $400.00 or more in winnings -> CASH OUT!
• Getting sucked into the "I need to win my money back" mentality usually ends unfavorably. Instead, set a pre-determined limit and stop playing once you've reached it. This doesn't guarantee that you'll instantly become a winner - the house edge runs well over 10 percent and is tough to beatů but it doesn't have to be so tough on your bankroll. So, let's get started...
1. When playing slots, machine identification is the only true skill.
For example: Shop around and look for the Progressive machines offering the best value. Having the opportunity to compare is a great asset, and one that you should definitely take advantage of. One 25 cent "machine carousel" can have a progressive jackpot of $2,600, and another bank of machines- exactly the same and standing side by side-$1,900. You should always be looking for the best opportunities possible.
2. Casinos will advertise machines that have a 98.5 percent payback. WOW! A casino game holding just a percent and a half, and on a machine no less. But there's a down side. If you look closely at the advertisement, it will probably say "on select machines." Furthermore, it probably won't be posted on the machine itself, and it will generally be limited to a single bank of machines in the casino. Now it becomes your responsibility to find them. Easiest way: Ask a employee, and if he or she doesn't know, have one of them ask a direct supervisor.
3. As a player, you deserve your share of the millions of dollars given away in comps each year. Casinos now offer you the ability to "comp yourself" by using one of their player's club cards. This method is generally based on the number of coins you cycle through a machine, so you might as well get credit for all those quarters you're inserting. Shop casinos for comp value and find out what you're worth to them. When playing slots online, look for a casino that offers the best comp points.
4. It's best not to gamble solely in order to receive "comp" points, instead, treat "comps" as an added form of profit. It's much better to play a 98 percent payback machine and increase your winning opportunities than play machines with a poor return that cycle more of your coins. Remember, you're there to stay in action and possibly win, not lose your bankroll for a free buffet.
5. The maximum coins always have the best payout value. However, if you can't afford to play the maximum amount of coins, you shouldn't be playing that denomination of machine. If dollar slots are too rich for your blood, drop down to a quarter machine. It's always a better value to play five quarters versus one dollar or five nickels instead of one quarter.
6. Always remember that it doesn't take long to zero out. That's why we recommend not playing back the credits you've accumulated. Cash out and take stock. The problem with playing back credits is that the longer you stay, the machines' built-in advantage eats away at them. For example: If you have a $100.00 bank roll for slots, play the $100.00 and do not allow the machine to play back your credits. Look at it this way, the credits accumulated is your profit, if any.
7. Having trouble deciding on which type of machine to play? If you're going to choose between video poker and slots, play video poker. Even poor play on a video poker machine will have a better payback than most slot machines.
8. Don't forget to press the cash-out button before you walk away from a machine! Millions are lost each year by gamblers forgetting their winnings (stored credits).
9. You receive full payment when hitting a jackpot. Even with some relatively small jackpots, if the machine is short coins in the hopper, you'll receive only a partial cash payment in the tray, with the balance to be paid by an attendant. If you were to insert more coins and pull the handle, say bye-bye to the remainder of your jackpot.
10. Remember that it is your responsibility to fully understand all printed information concerning the number of coins to insert, lines needed to be lit, prizes or awards, etc., so be sure and always read the posted material on a machine. In most cases, when someone calls an attendant over and complains that the machine "just ripped me off," that individual generally did not read the pay schedule correctly.
11. When you insert coins, don't assume all the tokens register before you pull the handle. Played five but only four recorded? Sorry. You'll get a sympathetic pat on the back from the casino, but no money.
12. In slot machines that use video representations of symbols, there is absolutely no way to figure out what the payoff percentage of that machine is. Avoid using them.
13. Most casinos will hold a machine for you while you go to the restroom, take a short break or even go on a buffet run. Just ask a supervisor to reserve your machine and give a specific time when you'll return.
14. Don't chain yourself to a cold machine, even if it's your favorite. Why? Because the longer you stay on any machine, the more time the machine's built- in mathematical advantage has to work you over. This is how casinos build mega-resorts, time always working on their side and a mathematical edge on each and every machine.
15. Setting up a pre-determined loss limit on your bankroll is a good idea, even if you're only playing slots. Divvy up your wad per playing session, discipline yourself and stick to it.
16. Insider's tip: locals don't play dog machines. When searching for high payback machines, ask a few employees where the local players find the best value.
17. Only bet what you can afford to lose. Leave both your credit and bank teller cards at home so you will not be tempted with the easy convenience of getting cash.
Top 10 Online Casinos! USA Players are Accepted!
|Online Casino||Review||Bonus||Visit Now|
|Rome Casino||$10000||Rome Casino|
|Grand Parker Casino||$8000||Grand Parker Casino|
|WinPalace Casino||$3000||WinPalace Casino|
|Loco Panda Casino||$4000||Loco Panda Casino|
|Club World Casinos||$777||Club World Casinos|
|Bovada Casino||$3000||Bovada Casino|
|BetOnline Casino||$3000||BetOnline Casino|
|Bodog Casino||$600||Bodog Casino|
|ClassyCoin Casino||$5000||ClassyCoin Casino|
|On Bling Casino||$5000||On Bling Casino|